Monday, August 17, 2015

DecoArt Media Interference Paints

Heelllllooooo!!! It seems like I, well not seems like, WAS away for most of the summer except for a pop in here and there. I've been blogging long enough to know it ebbs and flows like that, for me at least. 
So lets get on with the flow part! 
I've been working on some mixed media ATC's with whimsy girls on them. I usually just use the Media Line Acrylics on the backgrounds after getting the girls painted with Americana paints. (if you don't have those stores local they can also be purchased online).
But I was sitting there looking at them at thinking I am doing the same ol', same ol'. 


I decided to see how the DecoArt Media Interference Paints looked over flat black American acrylics. 


Here's the interference paints I played with:


It seems I am missing Gold and Turquoise! *gasp* I will have to remedy that ASAP! ;)
Here are shots of how awesome they look over black:




And if you think those look awesome you should see them in person! Every way you tilt them you get a different color shift. I can't wait to find more ways to play with these gems of a product! 

As always, thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you soon =0)
~
hugs~
Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Dana:

I love these (can I have one)?? This joke never gets old hehe

Sandy (chick)

Sheri said...

very cool! I <3 the magenta. Shocking I know! lol

Martice Smith II said...

Beautiful paintings, Dana! The interference paints look like they're glowing! Each color looks fantastic on top of the black.

Maxine D said...

Wow the change is fabulous even in the photos - they must be amazing IRL!
Blessings
Maxine

MsShutterbugg said...

I love the magenta and violet & I'm lucky enough to own one of those girls! <3 ya Dana

Carla Mazzone said...

I have not heard of interference paint. Must check these out!